Marian E. Burch Adult Day Care
The Marian E. Burch Adult Day Care Center was built in 1992 and is a 16,000 square foot handicapped accessible building. The Center currently has approximately 100 clients enrolled and has a capacity of 65 per day. The Center is located in Battle Creek but is able to provide services to any area individuals in Calhoun County.
During the day, the participant will engage in a wide variety of activities plus, physical, speech, and occupational therapies if needed. A noon meal and morning and afternoon snacks are provided. Personal care services are an important feature at the Center. The Center is able to handle skilled care clients who have special needs such as tube feedings and necessary injections. The Center provides transportation to and from the Center. All of these services allow for the client to have multiple needs met during his or her visit to the Center.
Socialization and recreational activities include, but are not limited to: pet therapy; basic exercises; outings; arts and crafts; gardening; table games; cooking club; bingo; Bible study; crochet and knitting club; entertainment; cards; bowling and Karaoke.
Our Adult Day Care program offers many advantages including:
- Helping to enhance the highest quality of life while keeping the client at home
- Increasing the productivity of the caregiver at home and at work
- Facilitating discharge from acute care settings
- Improving or maximizing the client’s mental functioning
- Encourages the development and maintenance of healthy nutritional habits
- Reduces health care costs for the client and the caregiver
- Improves the client’s psycho-social skills
- Eliminates barriers that hamper the management of personal care
- Delays the need to enter a nursing home
- Improves compliance with medical management
- Helps keep individuals physically and mentally active through exercise and music
- Provides conferences with caregivers
Restorative therapy is available while the client is attending the Center. Restorative therapy is a program that is designed to help the clients maintain their level of functioning while working toward their maximum potential through safe exercises.
Physical, speech-language pathology, and occupational therapy are skilled therapies that are performed safely and effectively under the general supervision of a skilled therapist. To be covered by Medicare Part B, the skilled service must be reasonable and necessary to the treatment of the patient’s illness or injury. To obtain skilled therapy while at the Center, the caregiver must obtain an order from the client’s primary care physician and complete the necessary paperwork at the Center.
TITLE VI NOTICE
MARIAN E. BURCH ADULT DAY CARE CENTER
Marian E. Burch Adult Day Care Center is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of its transit services on the basis of race, color or national origin, as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4701.1B. For additional information on Title VI or to file a complaint, contact:
Mary Frisby, Adult Day Care Director
1150 E. Michigan Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49014
It is the mission of Marian E. Burch Adult Day Care Center to keep your loved ones in their own home environment for as long as possible with the highest quality of life for the loved one and you as the caregiver.
Primary Communities Served