Nursing and Other Services
Calhoun County Medical Care Facility provides 24-hour professional services to our residents.
- We have RN and LPN charge nurses, clinical managers and certified nursing assistants who provide for the needs of our residents.
- The Social Work Team serves as a liaison between various community agencies and specializes in family issues, problem resolution, and Medicaid application assistance.
- Nutritionally balanced meals are individualized according to resident need and monitored by a Registered Dietitian. Meals are served from
each neighborhood’s kitchen and dining room. Residents may also choose from “always available” menu items.
Calhoun County Medical Care Facility provides a wide variety of activities supervised by a Certified Music Therapist and offers a variety of life enriching programs and services such as:
- Full Service Beauty Shop
- Sensory Stimulation
- Music Therapy
- Religious Services in our Chapel with an on-site Chaplin
- Pet Therapy
- Community Outings
- Theme Parties
- Men’s Club
- Golden Girls
- Cafe and Gift Shop
- Resident Council
- Family Support Group
Our highly skilled team of professionals helps with the transition between the hospital, foster care, or home settings to our nursing home. Our Facility provides a wide variety of services with state-of-the-art equipment:
- PT, OT, and Speech Therapy
- Optical, Dental and Podiatry services
- Laboratory and x-ray services
- Specialized wound care
- Dietary services
- Resident driven programming